18 januari 2017

Let my life be Your painting


I looked into the sky, today
she was packed with pastel pictures
sounded by God's own breathing

I saw a glimpse of Christ's face
So let my life be a sketch of You, Dear Lord
a living and giving portret

I am the canvas
You are the Artist
Let my life be Your painting


I am longing for freedom
wrestling like an idiot, like father Jacob
I'm dancing like a confused David

This life is a Given journey
And those who can say 'It is Well', will Live
 Let me live Lord, by Your promise

So, if I stand let me stand on the promise
that You will pull me through
and if I can't, let me fall on the Grace
that first brought me, to You
~Rich Mullins





4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hé Hans, daar ben je weer!
    Wat een prachtig blog heb je geschreven.
    Zo vol overgave aan Hem die ALLES in Zijn hand heeft!
    Zo wil ik het ook...dat Hij de schilder van mijn leven is.
    Dieneke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Make me a portrait of Jesus... Zoals Joni het ook zong.
    All by grace, zoals Rich het zei. :)

    Thanks for sharing here again!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen